Friday, November 10, 2006

Nine Weird Things

Heth tagged me for this meme a while ago, so now I will tell you just how strange I am. Although I am not sure I can top Chili's number one weird thing. Really. Check it out.

* I edited number 7 after reading Chili's comment *

1. I have a terrible memory, and if I don't write something down, it's completely gone. I frequently forget doctor's appointments, dates with friends and birthdays because of this trait.

2. Having a poor memory makes me an excellent person to hear secrets. I would be the ultimate confessor, because I would never remember anyone's sins longer than a day or two.

3. Before I had children, I walked around with a running commentary in my head, sort of like a voice-over in a movie. I think I was a cross between Walter Mitty and Will Farrell.

4. Since I have become a mother, my voice-over has been drowned out by repeated singing of "The Wheels on the Bus."

5. I have secretly looked forward to wearing maternity clothes again, because most of them are inherited from other people and are in styles that I would not normally buy for myself. It's like 6 months of dress up.

6. If it's only immediate family in the house (myself, SuperHubby, Tominator) I rarely close the bathroom door.

7. I prefer to sleep in my all together (you know, my birthday suit. Also known as naked. Wonder what this line will do to my Google hits?)

8. Some of my closest friends are IM buddies whom I have never met.

9. I get very irritated with people who put on a show and pretend they are something that they are not. With me, what you see is pretty much what you get, cluttered home and all.

And here is an amazingly accurate personality quiz:

Your Five Factor Personality Profile

Extroversion:

You have medium extroversion.
You're not the life of the party, but you do show up for the party.
Sometimes you are full of energy and open to new social experiences.
But you also need to hibernate and enjoy your "down time."

Conscientiousness:

You have medium conscientiousness.
You're generally good at balancing work and play.
When you need to buckle down, you can usually get tasks done.
But you've been known to goof off when you know you can get away with it.

Agreeableness:

You have high agreeableness.
You are easy to get along with, and you value harmony highly.
Helpful and generous, you are willing to compromise with almost anyone.
You give people the benefit of the doubt and don't mind giving someone a second chance.

Neuroticism:

You have medium neuroticism.
You're generally cool and collected, but sometimes you do panic.
Little worries or problems can consume you, draining your energy.
Your life is pretty smooth, but there's a few emotional bumps you'd like to get rid of.

Openness to experience:

Your openness to new experiences is medium.
You are generally broad minded when it come to new things.
But if something crosses a moral line, there's no way you'll approve of it.
You are suspicious of anything too wacky, though you do still consider creativity a virtue.


I tag: Mopsy, Jess and Jill, if you haven't done this already.

7 Comments:

Chilihead2 said...

I think it's hilarious you are so disturbed by my #1. :D

I also do your #6.

And what's with 7? Do you mean you like all three of you to sleep in your room together?

Julie Q. said...

Very funny list. I especially like the Wheels on the Bus brain soundtrack.

I'm with you on #'s 1 and 2. Another advantage of a poor memory is that you can see movies over and over and still laugh at all the jokes like you've never heard them before.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that last comment was mine but my identity was apparently stolen by my other personality. I wonder if "Jules" has a better memory...

Heth said...

I'm so happy your home is cluttered. Mine is too. Want to come over?

Scribbit said...

I love getting a deeper glimpse into bloggers I love.

Judy said...

Ha. Clutter.

At age 48 I finally realize that clutter is a part of who I am.

Other people will just have to deal with it. And watch their step.

To me, it rarely looks like clutter though. It looks like interesting things I am about to get to...if I ever get the time...

Nice picture on your profile!

Anonymous said...

OOOOhhhhh...I LOVE the new look! The green is gorgeous, the graphics---very nice.

Thanks for the tag.