Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I can't help myself. I am supposed to be working, but it is to much fun to crawl around on the floor with Tom, and have him grin at me with his four big teeth in a wide-open smile. I wish I had a camera with me so you could see it, too.

This afternoon he has been investigating the palate and digestibility of common office paper. He has carefully examined all of the legs of the furniture for moving parts.

He is testing his vocal abilities, yelling ba-ma-bam-pa over and over as he scoots around the floor. He pauses, and slurps his hand, alternately blowing rasberries and sucking up his own spit.

He pulls himself around the floor Ursula-style, dragging his feet behind him. He hasn't quite figured out the mechanics of hand-and-knee crawling. But man, he's efficient. And fast.

This morning, he attacked the dishwasher while it was open, pulling up on the door and trying to crawl in to the dish rack. When I opened the refrigerator, he was right there, ready to pull as many items out of the door as possible before I shut it again.

He views the dog as Mount Everest, and makes several attempts to scale him each day, usually employing teeth and sharp little fingers. To Coltrane's credit, he just lays there and rolls his eyes while "the puppy" climbs all over him.

I'm sure every mother feels this way, but he is so perfect he takes my breath away.

9 Comments:

Mall Worker said...

That is just too cute! I love the wide open mouthed smiles, they never ever get old!

sweet mama entropy said...

Kids make it awfully hard to get work done, huh? I love that about mine!

Wall Appeals said...

Hard? Nope... impossible! I try and explain to Angie every day that when I am holding/bouncing/playing/paying attention to Carter - it is just not pheasible for me to even try and do anything else. Sure, she can vacumn, do dishes, fold laundry, make the bed, clean the bathrooms, etc. while she has him during the day, but men are just incapable of doing such exercises like that. Haha!

Chilihead2 said...

Yep! Every single one of 'em is perfect. I remember those days so well. I miss them. Man, babies are the GREATEST. I'm so glad you're enjoying these times.

Diana Mancuso said...

I have the cutest visions of Tom right now. I love watching babies explore!

Rachelle said...

I feel the same way about my son - takes my breath away because he is so perfect. This was such a great post to read! Reminds me much of my son!

Jessica Spotswood said...

Posts like this make me look forward to having my own children someday. I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! I never thought I could have so much fun crawling on the floor or playing hide-and-seek as I do with my daughter. Such a fun age!

Judy said...

This post horrifies me!

My grandson will soon be crawling around on MY floor.

Good grief. Do I ever have a lot of work to do!

There has been a Rolaide sitting just behind my fridge for about a month now.

Well, the poor boy DOES have gas...