Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Filed Under: Ewww, Gross

This afternoon I stopped at the grocery to pick up some sugar. I grabbed a cart from the cart return, and just as I was putting Tom in the seat, a well-dressed man walked up and said "Wait, I'll get that piece of cheese out of the cart for you!" He then pulled a half-eaten slice of American cheese out of the main portion of the cart. I hadn't seen the cheese, but assumed he was gathering up this trash as a kindness. I thanked him.

He turned around and a moment later I noticed him chewing something. I looked for evidence that he was still holding the cheese, but his hands were empty.

I think he ate the cheese.

Eww, gross.

6 Comments:

Heth said...

Seriously.

Bobita said...

Seriously...very, very funny!

I'm DYING to know if he actually ATE the cheese?!?!

Diana Mancuso said...

How nasty!

Chilihead2 said...

Oh. My. God. That is disgusting.

Mall Worker said...

That is so nasty!!

Anonymous said...

Or perhaps, well dressed though he was, he was starving. And what seems gross was actually an attempt to provide himself with what every person deserves.