Friday, March 24, 2006

The Dream Weaver

I feel a bit like Pharaoh asking Joseph "What does this all mean?" as I write this post.

A couple of weeks ago, Kathryn from Daring Young Mom showed up in my dreams. She had invited me to a mommy gift-exchange at her house. She was wearing a teal blue sweater and was very nice to me, offering me refreshments and gifts, even though I was a complete stranger. Her friends were also very nice to me, even though I was a complete stranger to them. Still, I felt like an outsider.

When I woke up, I told Super-Hubby about the dream and he laughed and told me that I absolutely HAD to blog about it. But I didn't, because I thought it would be weird. I mean, I've never met the woman. Doesn't having her appear in my dream make me some sort of weird stalker? (I'm not, I promise.)

So I tried to put DYM and her gift-exchange party behind me. I didn't give it another thought.

Until last night.

Because last night, she drove clear across the country to come to a conference I was hosting, in my dream, that is. She arrived in a black Acura that looks just like the one belonging to my across-the-street neighbor. She had left the kiddos with DYD and was extolling the virtues of sleeping on pool tables. (I have NO idea where that came from.)

Once again, she was friendly, funny, captivating - in short, the life of the party, er ... conference. Crazy.

So, Joseph, what does this all mean?

12 Comments:

Matt said...

A dream isn't real until it's in a blog post. Luckily, I my dreams have been free of bloggers up to this point.

Melodee said...

Seven years of famine followed by seven years of feasts? ;)

Chilihead2 said...

I have absolutely no idea. But FUNNY!

I'm always having dreams with Matt Damon in them. You know...because EVERYONE wants a piece a dis! :D

Heth said...

It means you need to eat a bowl of cereal before you go to bed.

Bobita said...

HA HA!

Have you told DYM? What fun! A "virtual" visit!! :)

Was there any writing on the wall when you awoke? :)

Diana Mancuso said...

I think it means you really like blogging!

Judy said...

That's just TOO funny.

Kathryn Thompson said...

YOU HAVE TO TELL ME WHEN YOU POST STUFF LIKE THIS! YOU'RE KILLING ME. I'M WAY BEHIND ON MY BLOG READING AND IMAGINE IF I'D NEVER FOUND THIS. KILLING ME. I AM DEAD. IF I'M DEAD, HOW CAN I COME TO ANY CONFERENCES???!!!

Okay, done yelling. Thank you so so much for blogging that.

Kathryn Thompson said...

Also - question. Was it my floating head at all of these events or was it my whole person? If it was just my round head, maybe that's why I liked sleeping on the pool table.

owlhaven said...

I blogged a dream I had about Angelina Jolie a few weeks ago!

Mary, mom to many

andrea said...

DYM sent me over. I dreamed about a fellow blogger in December, had to write to him about it, and we now have a great e-frisndship happening, so you never know what these things mean. Probably nothing, but compulsive bloggers are nothing if not masters of the spin.

Papa said...

I'm so shocked that you haven't figured this one out. The meaning is that you are supposed to start a multi-level marketing company that sells pool tables for the game room that convert to beds for your guests after the party is over. Just think, people cone to visit, you play a little 8 ball, and then, when it's time for bed, you just push the button and the side cushions expand to meet in the middle forming a wonderful mattress. And when people leave feeling "snookered", that's a good thing. I'm sure every one will want one. You'll make a fortune and DYM will only want 10%.