Monday, February 27, 2006

Beads

Until about two minutes ago, I was wearing a lovely, green, three-strand beaded necklace. It had a strand of green freshwater pearls, a strand of larger, mottled green stones, and a strand of tiny, jade-like beads. It was a much appreciated Christmas gift from my sister.

This necklace was strung on very thin steel cable, so I didn't mind if Tom wanted to shake the heck out of it while nursing. After all, it's not like he can bend steel, right?

SNAP. POP. Popopopopopop - ping! That's the sound of my big bruiser ripping the steel wire from its anchor and the soft patter of beads raining onto the floor.

Now there are about three bazillion little green beads on my office floor, and I need to find each and every one of them before Tom does. What makes this scavenger hunt even more fun is that my office is carpeted in that mulit-colored industrial carpeting designed to hide dirt, and, apparently, little green beads. The suckers are invisible.

ARRRGH.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Has Tommy ever been exposed to intense gamma radition? Or perhaps bitten by a radioactive arachnid of some sort? Either would explain the ability to bend and snap steel with his bare hands.

Super-soldier serum? Magic amulet, maybe?

Just checking.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! What a pain! Who would think he could break the necklace? Good luck finding all the beads!
--Jen B.

Chilihead2 said...

Man, oh man. I so remember those days. And the jewelry lost. I still mourn the jewelry. ;)

Grammy said...

He is indeed superman. Pray he uses his powers for good and not evil. Good luck with the great bead hunt.