Wednesday, January 24, 2007

das Vorlagenrennen

If you were, say, a power-crazed dictator bent on creating a master race, you would not chose myself and SuperHubby to be in your breeding stables.

Between the two of us, we have the genetic capability to create bald, diseased, mutant children who like superheroes.

Seriously.

We're talking family histories of at least three types of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, glaucoma, Crohn's disease, hairy arms -- you name it, we got it.

I was feeling pretty bad about this, especially for Tom, until my mom told me the World Health Organization (or some agency like that) had released a study saying that children raised in overly-sterilized environments are more prone to a variety of health conditions, including Crohn's.

So at least we've got that one licked.

6 Comments:

Angel said...

oh man, this had me cracking up!! Great picture!!!! the little one is so cute :o)

Rachelle said...

LOL! What a cute pic!

Heth said...

I heard about that study too and I was so excited. I knew all along that a spotlessly clean house was somehow evil.

Love the pic.

Julie Q. said...

Amen (and still laughing at the mutant children line). I smile at how paranoid I was about germs with child number one. And a little less with child number two. All I can say about baby four is that she'll going to be one healthy kid with all she gets exposed to.

Anonymous said...

What does this say about your mother-in-law?

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

~lol~ I just found your blog through Julie's blog roll...love it! I've read half a dozen posts so far and giggled at them all. You're funny!