Monday, February 05, 2007

Success

After a week of feeling like I am walking backwards through molasses, no matter how hard I try to make headway, I finally have something to report: despite the dastardly plans of the mini destructo-bot that lives in my house, I can now walk unmolested through my laundry room. This is a huge achievement, which involved giving boxes and boxes of crap lovely, gently used bed and table linens to the Goodwill.

Scary basement laundry room before:


Scary basement laundry room after:


My lovely just-created ironing nook. I am hoping this will inspire me to actually, you know, iron. My father, who admits to pressing his shoelaces as a child, will be so proud.

12 Comments:

Stephanie said...

Way to go! We spent the weekend cleaning/organizing/donating stuff to Goodwill too.

I'm envious of your ironing corner. Although I maybe would need an entire ironing room (with a tv) to be properly motivated to iron!

Sheryl said...

See I knew you'd come up with something! Nice clean up job! Good luck with the ironing!!

Toni said...

Great job! Want to come to my house??

Jess said...

Good for you! This looks great. I hate ironing with a fiery passion and avoid it at all costs. I'm too much of a perfectionist--things are never unwrinkled enough even after ironing!

shannon said...

Nice! I've been trying to get our office put together and organized for a month now -- no dice. Maybe if I post some pictures of the "before," I'll be shamed into finishing the job!

Rachelle said...

It looks great! Way to go! And ironing shoelaces? That's a sick obsession. LOL!

Candace & Anna said...

So can you put me into your schedule of cleaning? I am in desperate need of a little organization!!!

Yvonne said...

Very nice - organizing always leaves me with a good feeling of accomplishment.

chilihead said...

That? Is freakin' beautiful. Well done.

Judy said...

Could I have the address to the Goodwill you donated to?

Eric and Jennifer said...

So totally impressive!
I agree with Stephanie--I need TV to iron. Maybe that's why my ironing sits in a basket for upwards of a month, threatening to consume the corner of my bedroom where I stash it, before I finally haul it out and do it!

scribbit said...

Check you out, you've been busy. Nesting urge perhaps? :)