Monday, February 05, 2007

Success

After a week of feeling like I am walking backwards through molasses, no matter how hard I try to make headway, I finally have something to report: despite the dastardly plans of the mini destructo-bot that lives in my house, I can now walk unmolested through my laundry room. This is a huge achievement, which involved giving boxes and boxes of crap lovely, gently used bed and table linens to the Goodwill.

Scary basement laundry room before:


Scary basement laundry room after:


My lovely just-created ironing nook. I am hoping this will inspire me to actually, you know, iron. My father, who admits to pressing his shoelaces as a child, will be so proud.

12 Comments:

Stephanie said...

Way to go! We spent the weekend cleaning/organizing/donating stuff to Goodwill too.

I'm envious of your ironing corner. Although I maybe would need an entire ironing room (with a tv) to be properly motivated to iron!

Anonymous said...

See I knew you'd come up with something! Nice clean up job! Good luck with the ironing!!

Special K ~Toni said...

Great job! Want to come to my house??

Jessica Spotswood said...

Good for you! This looks great. I hate ironing with a fiery passion and avoid it at all costs. I'm too much of a perfectionist--things are never unwrinkled enough even after ironing!

Unknown said...

Nice! I've been trying to get our office put together and organized for a month now -- no dice. Maybe if I post some pictures of the "before," I'll be shamed into finishing the job!

Rachelle said...

It looks great! Way to go! And ironing shoelaces? That's a sick obsession. LOL!

Candace said...

So can you put me into your schedule of cleaning? I am in desperate need of a little organization!!!

Yvonne said...

Very nice - organizing always leaves me with a good feeling of accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

That? Is freakin' beautiful. Well done.

Judy said...

Could I have the address to the Goodwill you donated to?

Unknown said...

So totally impressive!
I agree with Stephanie--I need TV to iron. Maybe that's why my ironing sits in a basket for upwards of a month, threatening to consume the corner of my bedroom where I stash it, before I finally haul it out and do it!

Scribbit said...

Check you out, you've been busy. Nesting urge perhaps? :)