Friday, October 20, 2006

Random Photos and a Pumpkin Patch

We had visitors last weekend, and in a celebration of all things autumnal, we decided to take a trip to a local pumpkin patch. The weather was perfectly crisp, and I had visions of Tom tromping through the pumpkin patch as happy as could be.
But Tom had other ideas. If you click on the picture, you should be able to see him bawling his little head off in the middle of the pumpkins. My kid is not all about squash.



I did, however, get a pretty shot of the orange pumpkins and blue, blue sky.



He had a little more fun with the petting zoo - he really liked the llamas. But he was still more interested in the wheels on the big tractor parked next to the petting zoo than he was in the animals. I wish we'd gotten a picture of his face when he saw the tractor.




Even if Tom didn't have the best time at the farm, the adults enjoyed ourselves. We had planned to pick apples in the orchard, but the line for the buses was very long, and we didn't feel like sitting through all that with an infant and a toddler. So we just bought apples at the fruit stand instead. Samantha assured me the apples were just as good as if we had picked them ourselves.

And this is what Tommy likes to do for fun on our french door.


12 Comments:

beth said...

OMG those last two pics are perfect! I can't believe we havn't gotten to a pumpkin patch yet. We're planning to go tomorrow so I hope to also be posting some orange pumpkins and blue sky pics...if it well EVER stop raining!

Heth said...

That first photo is hilarious! I think we might cry too if we were in a field of pumpkins up to our hips! Poor Tom!

Candace said...

I wish we had a pumpkin patch like that here. If we do I haven't found it! Your pics look fabulous!!! We haven't taken Anna to a petting zoo yet. Maybe we will do that soon.

Unknown said...

Ha. I like the last two photos the best. We're taking Gaby to the pumpkin patch tomorrow. Last year she loved it, but there's no telling what she'll think of it this year.

Judy said...

What a sweety, that Tom.

I love all the pictures. That's one cute llama, too.

Julie Q. said...

That part about the tractor rings oh so true. My boys are the same way. Anything with big wheels is a 5-star attraction.

Anonymous said...

That's funny, last weekend I went to a pumpkin patch and i was thinking about you and wondering if you were going to take Tommy to one! Too bad he didn't like the pumpkin part but at least he liked the llamas (and our pumpkin patch had a llama too! parallel universes, huh?) the last pics are really funny, one day he'll love to see them!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! The colors are gorgeous in the pumpkin pictures, and Tom is soooo cute, even guppy-faced on glass.

Anonymous said...

Cute coat!! Too funny about my nephew in the patch.Hopefully he'll be better while picking out the PERFECT Christmas Tree. Hillarous pictures at the end!

Suzanne Temple said...

beautiful pumpkin pics!

Kathryn Thompson said...

Has Tommy boy been visiting my french doors any time recently? Every window in my house looks like that. (not with that face, just the prints that are left afterwards) I love the pumpkin patch pictures. We've got to do that.

Steve said...

What if the next one loves pumpkins, but has a deep-seated fear of llamas? You won't be able to take them anywhere together.