Friday, June 02, 2006

Drumroll Please

Super-Hubby indeed lived up to his reputation with the birthday gifts this year. Inside huge box number one was a whole lot of peanuts and tissue paper. Buried at the very bottom of the box was a teeny, weeny Swiss Army knife, the kind that can be attached to a keychain. It was a gift I had asked for, since my old Swiss Army knife bit it just before Easter. In that box he also included a new sharpening steel to help me keep my kitchen knives in good condition. Since I love to cook, sharp knives are a must. These two gifts alone would have been more than enough.

But wait, there's more! What was in box number two, you ask?

A five-disc CD changer. Our old one started eating CDs nearly a year ago; we'd been putting up with it and uttering magic chants and prayers whenever we wanted to extract our CDs from its insides. Finally we realized that all the holy water in the world wouldn't fix the darn thing, so we got rid of it. And I missed it sorely.

So it was a big surprise when I got a new one for my birthday!

I hope you all have a great weekend. We are off to celebrate the ordination of a friend, so I will see you Monday or thereabouts!

7 Comments:

Heth said...

Way to go Super-Hubby! What color is your Swiss Army knife? Is it one of those cute little pink ones?

Judy said...

Oh how wonderful!

See? 26 is being good to you!

Anonymous said...

Now those are fabulous gifts! And happy belated birthday wishes from me. I'm just now catching up on the weeks blog reading.

Hope your weekend was fun!

Kathryn Thompson said...

Yay hubs! Happy birthday to you and good job to him.

Anonymous said...

Yoooohoooo...

Hoping all is well? Haven't seen a new post in so long. You are missed.

Lisa said...

happy late birthday! Sounds like it was a great one!

Chilihead2 said...

Yo! Goslyn! It's waaaaaay past "Monday or thereabouts" so WHERE ARE YOU?

Hope everything is OK.
Chili