Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wrangling Tupperware



In my first foray into the Works for Me Wednesday world, I offer my tip for keeping your "tupperware" drawer or shelf neat and organized.

I don't know about you, but I think my plastic storage containers breed when I'm not looking. To keep my them neat, I remove all the lids and store them in a gallon-sized freezer bag. Then I simply nest all of the "bottoms" in whatever way fits well into the drawer. It is always a snap to find a container and a lid, and by nesting them, the containers take up much less space. It works for me!

12 Comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to WFMW. Just like I posted on the drawer post earlier, I would never post a pic of my tupperware cabinet. Great idea, and I think I will actually implement this one today.

Nettie said...

No more digging in the bottom of the plastics drawer for a lid. Yay!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Great idea! My containers breed, too. :) Welcome to WFMW!

Mama Duck said...

Heh, mine breed but they also get dragged all over the house by my toddler. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

OK - I needed that solution to the lid problem. I was fine on the nesting, but couldn't figure out the sliding lids. Thanks!!

T.S. Eliot said...

Welcome to WFMW! I don't think mine breed, I think they eat each other! What happened to all of them?!?

Shalee said...

Welcome to the world of WFMW! And I love the idea for storing the lids!

sweet mama entropy said...

That's a great idea. My tupperware drawer (though I'm not sure any of it is actual tupperware) is completely unruly. Maybe this will help bring order to my chaos (at least some of it at any rate).

fivetimemom said...

That is a great idea. And I also believe tupper multiplies on its own.....

Shhhhhhhh! said...

What a great idea. I just love plasic storage bags for holding things. I think every drawer and cupboard in my house has at least one bag in it. lol

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Great tip. My lids are ALL over the place! I'll have to try this.

Jessica Spotswood said...

You're brilliant! We're starting to pack the kitchen for our upcoming move and I think this'll make life easier. Thanks!