Monday, June 19, 2006

Memorial Day Pirates

It has been so long since I updated on what I have been doing, that I have to start way back at the beginning, over Memorial Day weekend.

We spent the weekend at the home of our friends, Samantha and Matt. They were expecting their first child (he was born June 3) and I had agreed to paint a mural in his room. We decided on a pirate theme, to go with the verse from Matthew 6:19-21.

I still have to go back and do some other mini-murals with fish and coral and other sea life, but here's what I've done so far.





















I wish I could figure out a way to do this professionally, but I don't even know where to start. It sure was fun painting again, though.

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SOOO impressed. Wanna come to KY?
WOW. Great job!

Mall Worker said...

That looks so fantastic! You are really good!

Judy said...

Oh, wow. I love it!

I had a friend who painted a mural in our first nursery. I just loved hearing the kids wake up gabber at the walls.

I have another friend who did this to - she contacted home builders who where participating in a yearly 'parade of homes'. They were happy to have her paint for them. She left her card in the room and got so much business she could not keep up.

Just an idea!

Heth said...

What a fun room Goslyn! Great work!

Jessica Spotswood said...

Wow. You are so talented! The mural looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You could definately make the leap to professional mural painter. How? I have no idea, but word of mouth is a great way to start.

If you were close to me, I'd have you over in a heartbeat to paint monkeys driving jeeps in my younger boys' room.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks amazing. And I love the verse to go with it. Well done!