Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The First Clip

I am lazy. I have pictures upon pictures from my trip to Arizona, and I haven't posted any of them because I haven't had two minutes to come up with some quality posts. So instead of quality, I give you quantity! Lots of pictures, few words. Think of it as practicing for reading a picture book to a preschooler.

While I was in Arizona, I took Tom to have his first official haircut at the barber at on base. They did a great job, but Tom wasn't too sure what he thought about the whole thing.



The woman who cut his hair was really good - I guess she'd done a lot of kids before. She let him touch the clippers and explained the whole process to him.



We didn't have any tears, but I think he really didn't know what to think.



That's me, with my haircut, and wearing my DYM t-shirt. I know you can't see the front, but that's it, I tell you.



Clearly the best part of the experience was getting to suck on a wrapped up Tootsie Pop. I am trying to limit Tom's sugar intake, so my sister came up with the brilliant idea of letting him suck on a lollipop with the wrapper still on. Tom was happy and still, and mom was happy because he didn't get a mouthful of sugar.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little man! Did you keep some of his hair?

sweet mama entropy said...

Pictures are worth a thousand words anyway. Too cute! I remember my oldest's first haircut (probably a slightly more stressful experience since I cut his myself). Your little guy looks great! And so does that Toootsie Pop, by the way. Yum :)

Judy said...

He is SO cute!

And thanks for the tip - I just might have a 'diabetic sucker' today!

Jessica Spotswood said...

These are such cute pictures! I continue to be impressed by his hair; my little sister was practically bald until she was about 3. I can't wait to see you guys next month!

Meredith said...

What a darling little boy! and a good haircut, too!

Goslyn said...

Mopsy -

I did not keep any hair from this cut, but I trimmed it myself several months ago and kept a clipping for his baby book from that. Thanks for reminding me about it!

owlhaven said...

Cute pix!!

Thanks for playing my abc game. I loved all the comments!
Mary, mom to many

Heth said...

Oh those little cheeks! What a cute little guy and such A big boy with his new haircut!