Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day!

Happy May Day, everyone? Does everybody have their flower crowns? We are gathering by the maypole ...

Every May Day, I think of my mother's story about how she got to be the May Queen of her kindergarten class. Apparently, my sweet, tiny mother threatened to beat up all the other kids in class unless they voted her May Queen. She won the election by a landslide, but was dethroned when the teacher found out about Mom's political strategy.

What are you doing this fine May 1st?

On another note, we are back! The wedding was gorgeous, Texas was lovely and warm, and one of these days I'll have some fantastic pictures to show off. I did take Jessica's recommendation and check out San Antonio's Riverwalk, and as promised, it was absolutely lovely.

Lots of fun stories, but so little time.

The Tominator has a fever and is feeling super fussy, so I must go play mommy.

12 Comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a great time! You'll have to share some pictures when you get them.

People around here don't seem to remember May Day much anymore. When I was a kid we made baskets of flowers and left them on peoples porches. Now my kids look at me funny when I talk about it.

(p.s. Thanks for visiting me today! Just wanted to let you know that the procedure I had was a copolscopy, not a colonoscopy. Its where they take a great big microscope... and well... TMI... lol

Jessica Spotswood said...

Happy May Day! I'm glad you're back. :) I hope the Tominator is feeling better soon!

Elozia Marie said...

I just had to laugh at the story of your mother - that was great!

Mall Worker said...

I'm glad you are back and had a good time! I hope the Tominator feels better soon!

Diana Mancuso said...

Welcome back, Goslyn! I'm happy to hear the wedding went well and that the weather was really nice. Madeleine just had her first fever and she was super fussy also. So I mean it from the heart when I say I hope the Tominator feels better soon!

Rachelle said...

Welcome back! I missed your bloggy while you were gone!

Chilihead2 said...

Glad you're back! Missed you!

sweet mama entropy said...

I'm glad you had a nice trip and that you enjoyed the Riverwalk. It's probably my favorite place that I've been in TX (a fairly limited list, but still).

Hope your little one feels better quickly :)

Heth said...

Glad you are back, hope little Tominator feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the Tominator's learning all about what "sick" means. I don't think he's a fan.

("What's wrong? It's daytime! I should be busy poking the DVD player, biting the dog and trying to pull a floor lamp over on myself. But instead I feel so tired ... uncomfortable ... cranky ... WAAAAH!")

Speaking of medical conditions, Lisa, I just looked up "colposcopy," and it sounds only slightly less unpleasant than a colonoscopy. My sympathies.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your little guy being sick. Hope he makes a rapid recovery.

It is great to have you back.

Grammy said...

May Day was a very big deal where I grew up. Our elementary school had a huge "May Fair" every year, with rides, booths, great food and performances from every class. Our May Queen came from the 6th grade, but I got to be one of her attendants when I was in kindergarten (complete with dress and hat made entirely of crepe paper). Now that's excitement!

I'm so glad you had a nice trip. We also count the River Walk as one of our favorite things in Texas.

Hope the Tominator is feeling better soon.