Thursday, May 04, 2006

Cadbury Creme Egg Breakfast

It has been one of those weeks where I find myself eating chocolate for breakfast just to get through. Does a Cadbury Creme Egg count as an egg? Surely there's some protein somewhere in all that gooey goodness.

The Tominator has finally kicked his fever, I think. He was mostly fever free all afternoon yesterday, but it spiked back up a little in the middle of the night. He seems to be ok now, though. This is good.

What will be better is eventually getting more than two hours of sleep at a stretch. Ha ha.

Unfortunately, I think the antibiotics that the doctor gave the Tominator for his mild ear infection have given him the di-rah-REEEE-rah (pronunciation thanks to Mopsy). It was my first exposure to this problem in a diaper, and while the nasty poo oozing down the front of the Tominator's pajama bottoms didn't seem to bother him, it sure bothered me. Yucky, yucky, yucky.

I looked in the What to Expect the First Year bible, and it suggested that the antibiotics might be to blame, and giving yogurt to the Tominator might fix the problem. "Great!" I thought to myself. "The Tominator LOVES yogurt. You can get him to eat anything by coating it in yogurt. Perfect."

So this morning, I cleaned him up and plopped him in his high chair. I broke out the super-yummy organic,live-active-culture yogurt and hoisted a spoonful to his lips. He took it, looked at me, went "Blah blah" and promptly spit it back at me.

So I added some blueberries. Surely he would like that. He loves him some blueberries. Nope. I just got blueberry yogurt spit at me.

Which brings me to the most depressing happening of my morning. My most prized t-shirt, sent to me by Daring Young Mom, is clearly a stain magnet. It calls like a siren to all kinds of staining foods: blueberries, tomato sauce, chocolate. This morning, it was my iced tea. A few drops splashed onto the shirt just before I headed out the door to work. I took a few minutes and tried to spot them out, which worked pretty well. Unfortunately, on the way to work, my cup leaked all over my right breast, leaving a giant brown spot on my lovely pink shirt.

I need another piece of chocolate.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, my DYM tee-shirt, too. It got destroyed the first time I wore it and then my sweet laundry-doing husband set the stain and now... well... it still makes me happy to wear it around the house.

Judy said...

You are good people.

I once fed my oldest son chocolate cake for breakfast. I was pregnant. Only days to go.

I asked him what he wanted for breakfast, and in his best 22 month old voice he said 'I would like choc-O-late cake for breakfast'.

With whole wheat toast.

Yum.

I have pictures to prove it.

Other than that, we ate healthy breakfasts around here.

(i wish they would replace the raisins in raisin bran with chocolate chips though...)

Mall Worker said...

There is nothing wrong with chocolate for breakfast once in a while as far as I'm concerned.

I hope your poor little guy feels better!

Grammy said...

Nothing is worse than a sick baby - unless it's a sick baby with a Mommy who has gotten no sleep. I'm so sorry you are having a rough time right now. I'm sending healing thoughts your way!

Rachelle said...

Yum, chocolate. I hope your boy gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope your son feels better soon...I think chocolate for breakfast is completely appropriate. And yes, someday you will get more than two hours of sleep...it never feels like it when you are living it, but they grow up in a heartbeat...trust me.

Bobita said...

I'm so glad that you are back! I have missed reading your blog.

Sorry to hear that the little one is sick! I sooooo feel ya sista! Sickness, lack of sleep, food refusal, reaction to antibiotics...the whole nine!

Hey, wait a minute...are you my twin-from-a-parallel-universe?

:) I hope all improves very soon!

Heth said...

Thanks to Mopsy, we also call it the "di-rah-REEEE-rah". I hope the little guy feels better soon

Eat all the "eggs" you want. Yum.