Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hair today ...

Gone tomorrow. Well, in my case, gone two days ago. I really wish I had pictures for this post, but truth be told, I've just been too busy to get to them.

But the short (and long) of it is - I donated 10 inches of my hair to Locks of Love on Tuesday. Heth did this a while back, and I've been turning the idea over in my head ever since.

Monday night, I was tossing and turning in bed. My hair was making my back itch. It was getting caught up on my pillow, and I had to actually braid it to keep it out of my way just to get some shut-eye. I was tired of the Tominator ripping out big fistfuls of hair from the nape of my neck. I knew it was time. I just couldn't stand it any longer.

On Tuesdays, my mother's helper comes to watch Tommy so I can ostensibly have some time to myself (which I usually use to clean the house or mow the lawn, but still.) As soon as she arrived I said "I'm getting a haircut!" And off I went.

I was a bit nervous, because I went to an unfamiliar salon. They offered free haircuts and styles to anyone donating at least 10 inches of hair. I figured I'd save a buck. And miracle of miracles, it worked out. I got a GREAT cut. It is almost wash-and-wear - takes me about 3 minutes to blow dry it. I look stylish.

It looks sort of like this.

I look fashionable! This is new and unfamiliar territory for me. I have always been what you might call "classic" or "traditional" - never "trendy" or "cute."

And Super-Hubby says it makes me look younger, which is always a good thing.

12 Comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

Oo. Congrats on the new hair. I bet it looks awesome. I am so much more comfortable with frumpy hair. It's strange. I wish for stylish hair but when I get it, I just feel a bit weird. Good luck and post a picture sometime.

Anonymous said...

Cute! Definately post a pic!

Melodee said...

Fun! Nothing's better than a perky new hair cut. (Well, except chocolate and a day off.)

Jessica Spotswood said...

Sounds like it looks fabulous. I'll look forward to seeing a picture (or, you know, you in person!). That's a great charity. I'm keeping my hair long for now--at least 'til after the wedding--but I end up putting it up a lot to get it out of my way.

Chilihead2 said...

I love the picture! Now let's see yours! I bet it's adorable!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great haircut. I'm really a short haired girl at heart! Now you can start playing with hair products!

Heth said...

NO! You HAVE to post a picture. Now I will have to live in suspense until you do. I can't wait to see it, I'm sure it's super cute!

Rebecca said...

I like the hairdo! You are a brave woman!

Mall Worker said...

I love getting new hair cuts/styles! From the link it looks very cute!

Rachelle said...

Post a pic! I can't wait to see your new hair!

joyce said...

Wow! way to go- I often dream of what you did, but I color my hair way too much, and it grows .01 of a mm in a year.... they wouldn't want my hair...

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very cute style! Short hair really is so much easier to take care of, isn't it? And hooray for looking younger!