Sunday, April 16, 2006

I'm Leavin' on a Jet Plane...

And goin' to the chapel, 'cause my brother-in-law's gettin' mar-ar-ar-ied...

I probably won't be checking in much over this next week, but I will catch up with everyone when I get back!

Right. So I hope everyone had a blessed Easter. We had a wonderful time celebrating the Resurrection at my in-law's amazing, alive church. The entire service was wonderful, and the Tominator was surprisingly cooperative and mostly quiet (after the mass, the bishop came over and said "you were the QUIET baby!") So it was good.

Unfortunately, the little black rain cloud still lingers. So I'm going to accept Bobita's challenge, and tease myself out of it with a meme.

Six weird things about me:

1. I always eat macaroni and cheese with a glass of chocolate milk. I like anything salty/cheesy with chocolate milk. Like ham and cheese hot pockets - better with chocolate milk! Super-Hubby disagrees. He thinks mac-and-cheese goes best with tuna salad. Go figure.

2. I also really like sweet peas. I can eat an entire bowl of just peas. Like a cereal bowl. I eat my peas with chocolate milk, too.

3. My husband used to be afraid to get into bed if I was already asleep, because when we were first married, I would wake up when he came to bed and start "sleep yelling" at him about whatever was on my mind at the time. Sometimes it made sense (why do you have to leave dishes in the sink??) sometimes it was complete nonsense (I told you not to throw the cat in the garbage disposal!)By the way, we don't have a cat, nor have we ever. No animals were harmed in the writing of this post.

4. I have grown to love my husband's nerdy hobbies - StarTrek and superheroes. I even impressed him while watching an episode of Justice League by coming up with a random bit of trivia about Wonder Woman of my own accord. Heaven help me.

5. I can cook a lot of things well, but it took me forever to master rice and Jell-o. That's right. Beef Wellington, no problem. Food that ONLY requires me to boil water? Super challenging.

6. I am a complete television addict, which is why we no longer have cable. We get 5 channels, and only 3 of them are particularly clear. Going on vacation to a place that has cable TV is like sending an alcoholic to a bar with an open tab. I do love me some Jon Stewart.

Ok, I tag:
J-Tron at The Propaganda Box
JKimbro at As told by me.
Stephanie at Creature Bug
Jill at Amphigoria
Judy at Anybody Home
Mopsy at Lifenut

8 Comments:

Chilihead2 said...

OK, I love ya, Gos, but ewwwww. Seriously. Chocoloate milk and mac/cheese or peas? Eeeeewwwwww.

Kathryn Thompson said...

Ahh...Jon Stewart. That is what I miss most about cable. Have a great time.

Heth said...

Amen to the chocolate milk. YUM!

Jon Stewart is so great.

sweet mama entropy said...

The TV/alcoholic comment cracked me up!! That so describes me (the TV part, not the boozehounding)! That must be why we have get no TV (at all - cable or local). Yes, it's like AA around here. Oh well, hope you have so much fun on your trip :)

Jessica Spotswood said...

Well, I'd have to side with Super-Hubby on the supremacy of tuna with mac & cheese. But I'm with you on the Jon Stewart love--and on #4 as well. I'm sort of fascinated by Transformers now, and I watched an entire episode of Teen Titans with Steve the other day. Ah, love...

Have a wonderful trip! I hope the change of scenery will blow away your little black rain cloud.

Mall Worker said...

Have a nice trip!

Bobita said...

We could SOOOOOOO have a party with our bowls of peas and glasses of chocolate milk while watching Jon Stewart!!!

Excellent list! Thanks for accepting the challenge! Have fun at the wedding!

Rachelle said...

LOL on #3. I am so disgusted by the whole chocolate milk thing. What a fun post!