Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Quick Kitchen Clean Up


A nice, home-cooked Valentine's Day meal is always better when you don't face a sink full of dirty dishes when you're done. My solution, as obvious as this seems, is to clean up as you go. If I wash as many dishes as possible while the main dish simmers or bakes, by the time dinner rolls around, I am left with only the dinner plates and glasses (these go in the dishwasher) and whatever pot the main dish cooked in. Cleanup takes mere minutes, and then we can enjoy our evening as a family.

Simple, but it works for me!

5 Comments:

nikko said...

It's always the simple ideas that are the hardest to implement, but make the most difference, isn't it? I wish I did this! Thanks for inspiring me.

Nikki said...

This is such a great tip. I try to do this with my laundry too. I tell myself, "No, do it now. Don't procrastinate it until later. Then it will be too huge and overwhelming."

Rachelle said...

I do the same thing. I always clean up as I go. It actually drives my dh crazy because he says I put things away he still wants to use. Great tip!

Amber said...

You make it sound so easy. ;) I frequently catch myself thinking that I should do this, but yet haven't. I'll set the mixing bowl for the cornbread in the sink and come back later with it all dried and crusty and think "ya know, I should have at LEAST rinsed that out." :P

I should make more of an effort to wash as I go. Especially since I have a small kitchen.

The Estrogen Files said...

Clean as you go is a GREAT tip!