Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Weekend for Two

In approximately 36 hours, SuperHubby and I will pack the car, wave goodbye to our adorable progeny, and head west for two delightful days and nights all by ourselves.
We are singing at a wedding of some dear friends, and decided that we should turn it into a romantic getaway destination, even if it is to the middle-of-nowhere Pennsylvania.

Grammy and Grandpa have volunteered to come and sit for the Tominator for the weekend, so we know he'll be in good hands.

Let me just tell you, two whole nights of uninterrupted sleep is sounding very good right now. Especially since I haven't been feeling very well.

But do you know what I'm looking looking forward to the most? Not 12 solid hours of uninterrupted snuggle time with my sweetie. Not restaurant-prepared, planned and served meals. Not even using a bathroom with a full-sized tub.

It's the cable TV. It's sad, but true. We don't have cable, by choice. But man, the cable is the best part of going to a hotel. I get my comedy central/Jon Stewart/HGTV fixes, and I'm gold. I do love to vegetate.

Ahhhh. TV.

9 Comments:

Chilihead2 said...

Have a great time! Enjoy the sleep, the meals, and the cable!

Scribbit said...

I'm jealous, my husband and I are taking our first trip without kids in a month and I'm nervous about leaving them for 10 days but then I think about the sun and sand and suddenly I'm okay with it.

Thanks for the comment, I think Pennsylvania is beautiful too. We lived in D.C. in 1995 and took a trip out to Lancaster and Reading counties and had this Amish barn-style meal somewhere that my husband still dreams about--he's a sucker for all-you-can-eat carbs and meat.

sweet mama entropy said...

Hilarious! We're also cableless and so this post totally rings true. Except for the childless part. That part I can't relate to. And without that part, hotel cable ain't that great since all you end up watching is Blue's Clues and The Wiggles. So enjoy control of the remote for the weekend!! (And snuggle time too, of course :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, have a wonderful time! You deserve the break!

Kathryn Thompson said...

Oh, I hope you're having a blast. Say hi to Jon for me. I so totally miss him.

beth said...

That sounds awesome. For me though, it would be all about the sleep....oh the sleep.

Meredith said...

Had to laugh out loud...we think the very same thing when we travel. Mostly just overnight stays at economy hotels on the way to visit family, but luxurious to us because of more than three channels.

It's great that we can still be thrilled by something the rest of the country takes for granted.

Anonymous said...

It must be a genetic flaw.

Jessica Spotswood said...

I love Jon Stewart! He's definitely on my list of celebrity crushes. And it's not cable, but if you're looking for quality TV, I'm also loving Studio 60. It's the new Aaron Sorkin (creator of West Wing) show and it's really well-written.