Wednesday, October 17, 2007

10-20-30

I saw this meme on Actual Unretouched Photo a few days ago, and it's been a while since I've done a meme, so I thought I'd play along.

-10-
Ten years ago I was a senior in high school. I had just broken up with a very, very nice boy, Matt, who looked exactly like Dean Cain. Hot. He was football player and a student of martial arts. Catholic and respectful. And so sweet he almost made my teeth hurt.

I had to break up with him because he was much more serious about our relationship than I was, and when words like "love" started entering the conversation, I hastily backed away. I had recently had my heart broken by my very first love, and I did not want to go down that road again. When I met SuperHubby a few months later and began dating him seriously, Matt called me very upset that I was dating, since I had told him I was not looking for a relationship. Which, in October of 1997 was true, but by the time I got to January of 1998, all that was out the window. What can I say? SuperHubby was just *the one*, and I knew it.

-20-
Twenty years ago, I was in the second grade at Bushy Park Elementary school. I had short hair, short like a boy. I had begged my mother to let me cut my nearly waist-length hair, because she had cut her hair off, and I wanted to be just like her. My mom had cut hers off because she had been diagnosed with terminal breast cancer. I didn't know what that meant. I don't remember much about being seven. I had the chickenpox on my seventh birthday. My mom had cancer, which she beat, and is now in her 20th year of remission.

-30-
Thirty years ago, I wasn't even a gleam in my parents' eyes.

How about you? Where were you 10, 20, or 30 years ago?

*** Reminder - Friday Finds previews tomorrow! The post will be up by midnight or perhaps earlier, so you can add your find with Mr. Linky. ***

0 Comments: