Friday, December 15, 2006

Life's a Gas, Literally

During this pregnancy, I have had more (excuse me) ... urrrrp ... gas than I thought any human being could produce. Homer Simpson, with his lips vibrating, wavelike, while he belches, would be a good comparison to how I look most evenings after 5 p.m.

We've been joking that the baby wants to learn to burp the alphabet. Precocious boy that he is, he's having mommy learn now, so that she can teach him later. Tom is learning his alphabet the old-fashioned way, but not this baby. Nuh uh.

It seems that I will be out testosteroned in the Wishful Thinking household, with a male dog, two sons and a husband.

Our technician yesterday was absolutely wonderful, and took her time poking around to get excellent shots of all the important things - the cerebellum, the arms, hands and fingers, the eyes and mouth, the four-chamber heart. Baby's spine and femur were measured, and she even took a peek to make sure his kidneys were where they were supposed to be.

It took a couple of passes between the legs before anything was visible. For quite some time we didn't see any boy parts, and we all wondered if this would finally be the first granddaughter. But then, with the wizardry that is ultrasound, we saw the unmistakable sign that we would be having another son.

Our littlest man did not like the ultrasound wand, and kicked like crazy whenever the tech tried to focus in on him. I thought this was great, since my anterior placenta has kept me from feeling much movement to this point.

He is healthy, and sound, and likes to suck on his fingers. I can't wait to meet him, and at least I won't have to worry about Bratz dolls.

11 Comments:

Rachelle said...

Congrats on a little boy! So much fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!

Sarah said...

Yay for babies!

Wanted to tell you, I'm the one who sent you the White Elephant package. I hope it arrived safely. Sorry it's not as cool as some of the other ones I've seen recently. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! Congratulations!

heth
www.laundrypile.blogspot.com

Jessica Spotswood said...

Yay for a healthy baby boy! We're so excited for you guys. And, hey, now you can recycle toys and clothes, right? My mom did a lot of that with three girls...It sounds like he has his own distinct (less modest) personality already!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear you have a healthy little boy in there! Yay for boys! You'll love watching the two bruders grow up together.

www.lifenut.com/blog

Stephanie said...

How exciting! Two little brothers who will have way too much fun together! Congratulations. I'm so happy for you :)

Anonymous said...

Oh! A boy!

How wonderful!

Judy - Anybody Home
www.judyh58.blogspot.com

Goslyn said...

Sarah - thanks for the White Elephant! It was cool. I would love to post about it, but I can't get the link to work to your profile so I can find out who you are! Please email me or leave a comment with your blog addy if you have a chance.

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the healthy little boy!

Sarah said...

You're welcome for the White Elephant gift.

My blog is princessbride42.blogspot.com

Hope you have a great day!