Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday: Chore Chart

I'm going to piggy back of another WFMW poster and tell you all about my chore chart. SuperHubby actually came up with the first draft of this after the Tominator was born. SuperHubby had volunteered to take over the household chores for a while so I could get used to being a mommy, and he made a weekly list that he could hang on the fridge. Whenever he completed a chore, he would cross it off so that I would know it had been completed.

I liked the idea so much that I took his list and tweaked it (and, much to his chagrin, added Clip Art) and now I have a great chore list on my fridge. I currently just print a new list out every week, but if I were smart, I'd laminate the sucker and just tic off the completed chores with a dry-erase marker.

Here's the list, and it works for me!

8 Comments:

Mall Worker said...

I like the chore chart idea, but I lack the discipline to actually stick to it!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally impressed that you get all that done. I definitely need a chore chart of my own. You've inspired me to make one now!

Mama Duck said...

LOL I did that a few times, and promptly lost the chart, heh. I hope it works better for you!

Lisa said...

I wish I was that organized! :-(

That looks great, though. Does everyone help with the things on that one chart?

sweet mama entropy said...

That is a great idea! We've done something similar but I never thought of crossing stuff off. Crossing things of lists is so satisfying!! They also sell clear dry erase boards that you can stick things to (as an alternative to laminating it). We use one to put our fridge calendar on. Works great!

Anonymous said...

I like to put my charts like that in a page protector - dry erase markers work great on those, too.

Anonymous said...

You're a brain. Simple and elegant. Yay!

Heth said...

DANG girl! You are awesome. I think I would be adding things to the list and then crossing them off:

Go to the pool, check