Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sandy Boy

Oh Sandy Boy, the beach, the beach is calling ...

Ok, I've got to stop that, or y'all are going to think I'm going to start all my posts with lame made-up verses to famous songs.

Right.

A few weeks ago, just after his first birthday, the Tominator landed on the Delaware coast, prepared for a sandy invasion.

I was pretty sure he would like the beach, since his sandbox is a source of endless amusement. What could be better than a giant sandbox? Especially a giant sandbox where you can fall flat on your face, get covered in sand, and get up and keep going? Oh, and in case you aren't sandy enough, I highly recommend a sand sandwich and a handful or two of sand chips. They are apparently delicious.



While my boy loved the beach, it took him a little while to warm up to the water. He wasn't too sure what to make of it at first, and figured ingesting handfuls of the beach in between chasing the seagulls was just more fun than anyone should have.

Pretty soon, though, he headed for the water. I had imagined that he might just play at the edge of the waves. You know, nice and quietly.




Ha ha.

The Tominator LOVES the ocean. He loves it so much that he repeatedly pulled out of my grasp and ran pell-mell directly into the breakers. The water would crash in his face and he would smack his lips and chortle. And try to run farther into the surf.

I knew if I called him "little dude" often enough as an infant he would grow up to be a surfer.

5 Comments:

Wall Appeals said...

Too cute. Not that I expected anything less from the lil booger! Momma looks great too! Seems like you all had too much fun! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica Spotswood said...

Awww. As usual, these are adorable photos!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I'm so glad Tommy loved the beach and the ocean! The pics are really cute, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you are so lucky. We took Sean to the beach last year when he was almost two and he HATED it. The second he stepped foot on the beach he would begin screaming and clawing his way up my body, usually removing most of my swimming suit in the process. That was so not fun. Maybe we'll try again next year. Or when he's 18.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if Sydney saw Tom playing happily at the beach she would enjoy it more. As it stands, taking her to the beach is the only place we can guarantee that she will not move off the towel. Sand is not her friend.