Thursday, December 15, 2005

Thursday (Oh Joy!) Thirteen



Thirteen Things to Celebrate Today


1. Test results are in. It's not cancer. Apparently, he's just getting old.

2. Christmas vacation is still on. Super-Hubby's boss ok'd the time off.

3. We do not have to try to get our non-refundable plane tickets refunded.

4. The Christmas Cards, for the first time ever, are all mailed before Christmas. Well, all except one, but I don't have that address yet. (Did I mention that last year, we were still sending Christmas cards at Easter? No joke.)

5. I have a wonderful husband who loves me and is cleaning the house as I type this. I am, by the way, at work. With the baby. So really, he only has to vacuum around the dog.

6. Speaking of the dog, Coltrane has been really good this year. All the ornaments are still on the tree. He has (miraculously) left all of Tom's toys alone. Amazing.

7. The snow still on the ground is pretty and very Courier and Ives.

8. Apparently, my blood has gotten thicker over the last year. The 10 degree mornings no longer bother me. Maybe I'm just a hot momma.

9. Did I mention my husband loves me?

10. I only have two, count 'em two (2), Christmas presents left to buy.

11. Last night I curled up in the tub with Nora Roberts for about 20 minutes. All by myself. No Tommy. They were 20 of the finest minutes I've had in a long while.

12. When I got out of the tub, Tom was asleep. Even better.

13. We're getting more snow tonight. (Not sure if I'm thankful for that or not. Let you know tomorrow.)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I'll add you here!)

11 Comments:

phoenix said...

Those quiet moments relaxing and just doing what you want are so precious. Even if it is only 10 minutes... it is better than none anyday. Hope your day is a Curier and Ives day the whole day long!!

Just D said...

Husband cleaning? Wow.. that would heat me up pretty fast! Happy 13.. mine is up at straddlingtheline..

Jessica Spotswood said...

Yay! I'm so glad that things are working out and your dad is cancer-free! I've been thinking about you lots. I'm really glad you've been able, with Super-Hubby's help, to work your way out from under that overwhelmed cloud from yesterday.

Running2Ks said...

Yay for Nora Roberts and being a Hot Momma. And yay for no cancer :)

My 13 are up too.

Jen said...

Cleaning hubby? Right on! Mine is very sweet that way, too :-D

My 13 is up: http://jenanddavin.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

That's a great list. How lucky to have a hubby to clean for you and loves you. So sweet!

Kat

YellowRose said...

I love those quiet moments in the tub reading! So relaxing!! And hubby cleaning....he's a keeper! I love when mine pitches in like that.

Happy Thursday! My 13 is up, come visit me! http://yellowrosesgarden.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi! Happy Thursday 13.

I'm glad your dog doesn't have cancer...that's good news to receive around Christmas. And even better that he's not misbehaving around the tree.

My 13 are up.

Shannon said...

Visiting from the Blogroll. Congrats on BH loving you. I love it when I find people for whom the fairytale has also come true.

Anonymous said...

What a great 13! A lot to celebrate, that's for sure.

Bethany said...

What exactly is Thursday Thirteen?