Wednesday, December 14, 2005

By My Fingernails

I know that the crap stuff happening in my life is minor compared to the sufferings of others. I mean, really. I'm healthy. My child is healthy. My beloved husband is relatively healthy.

But right now, I feel like I can't even begin to dig out from under this mountain of responsibilities. Combining that with a big ol' pile of worry and chance, and you have an instant ulcer. Or something.

Ok,so my dad's health is still up in the air. Tomorrow, mom goes to the doctor to have a lump on her thyroid checked out. There's a possibility that the lump could be cancer, too.

Mom and dad are both very ill with some sort of respiratory bug. Although we are currently something like 2,000 miles apart, it seems like the same bug that both Tommy and I have.

The house hasn't been cleaned in what seems like forever. All my friends' houses smell delicious and cinnoman-y and full of holiday cheer. Mine smells like a dog that's just been put through a car wash. Dog hair, dust, and a just a whiff of detergent. Yuck.

Super-Hubby is adjusting to his new job, but that means he's working much longer hours in an effort to impress his new boss. Plus, the relaunch of his Web-based literary magazine is taking a lot of his time and effort. While I cannot call him unhelpful around the house (he does a lot of wondeful things) I have been frustrated by his lack of ability to see what needs to be done and do it. The only way he chips in is if I ask, specifically, for him to do something. Which normally isn't a problem, but it's been getting on my nerves lately.

As usual, I'm in charge of ALL the holiday cards, gifting, etc. I am exhausted. I don't want to go Christmas shopping today. But I get to anyway.

Oh, and although we've had plane tickets since May to go to see my sister for the holidays, Super-Hubby's promised vacation time may be revoked.

Seems when his idiotic company moved all their people around to different offices, they neglected to take into account that people had already scheduled their Christmas vacations. Apparently, everyone in Super-Hubby's new office has been promised the same week of vacation. Since they can't all be gone at once, SH's new boss has to figure out a solution. At last check, no solution has been reached. We are slated to leave in 8 days.

There's other stuff too, but maybe that's too personal for this blog. I am so frustrated right now, I don't even know what would make me feel better.

How's everyone else doing this hump day?

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Goslyn, just hugs. These are overwhelming, worrisome times. Take care.

Goslyn said...

Thanks for your hugs, mopsy. They are appreciated. (Your comments are appreciated too.)