Monday, November 14, 2005

The Dark Knight sees the light of day

On Thursday, Super-Hubby will start a new job. A day job.
My nocturnal sleuth of a husband will actually be awake for breakfast, for the first time in nearly three years. Well, maybe.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure if I am excited about the change, or terrified. With any luck, the new job will give him more time to spend with Tommy, which would be a great thing.

I wonder what it will be like, to smile at him over cereal in the morning. To kiss him and wave him off to work. To have him home in the evenings!

I am wary that this may not be a good thing. He may be tired and grumpy all the time. What if he objects to my evening visits with my buddy Elise across the street? ER just isn't the same when you watch it alone.

What if he hates the new job? What if he misses the wee small hours of the morning when he could do whatever he wanted without anyone bothering him?

I guess we'll have to see.

2 Comments:

Lisa said...

It sounds like an exciting change! Good luck to you both with the adjustment. :-)

Anonymous said...

I wish you luck. As with any change, there is an adjustment period. Hopefully it will be short and he won't slurp his milk.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, goslyn.