Friday, March 16, 2007

The Very Hungry Mommy

In the light of the moon, a Mommy lay in bed, awake and starving. Stealthily, she crawled out of bed and went in search of something good to eat.

At 10 p.m., she ate through one bowl of cereal, but she was still hungry.

At 1 a.m., she ate through two Girl Scout Samoas cookies, but she was still hungry.

At 3 a.m., she ate through three bowls of fruit salad, but she was still hungry.

At 5 a.m., she ate through four Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies, but she was still hungry.

At 7 a.m., she ate through one bowl of cereal, one banana, one piece of cinnamon toast, one low-fat string cheese, one glass of orange juice and one cup of green tea. And she didn’t even have a stomachache!

Now she wasn’t a little Mommy anymore – she was a big, fat, mommy.


But she was still hungry.

My apologies to Eric Carle.

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great! And you may just be the cutest pregnant lady I've ever seen. Darn you.

Heth said...

Oh my gosh that was GREAT!

If you're still hungry, try some marshmallow creme, frosting straight from the can, a pot of coffee with Creme Brulee creamer, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Those options are working for this big, fat, mommy.

Great photo, you look adorable! And not big or fat either, just pregnant.

Suzanne Temple said...

You are adorable!

Judy said...

Hey, that's not fat, that's BABY!

I'm sure Eric Carle would be thrilled that he inspired you.

Now...soon, the butterfly will emerge...

Anonymous said...

I know you don't feel so pretty, but really you look very beautiful in this picture. And that's coming from a very critical person in matters of appearance.

Anonymous said...

I love it!

You look so pretty---all baby, which is good!

Stephanie said...

You're so clever! (and also made me very hungry too)

You're beautiful! Bee-YOU-tee-full.

mommaladybug said...

I just read that book to James! I think I like your version much better. :) You look really great. I wish I had a pregnant belly as nice as yours. I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Jen Rouse said...

Everyone who's ever been pregnant knows exactly what you're talking about.

And you look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful!!!

eve said...

LOVE IT! I feel like I do that on a daily basis, and I'm not pregnant!