Friday, March 23, 2007

Out of the Loop

This just goes to show how far removed I am from popular culture:

My friend went to college with the three ladies who have started this company. They sell fancy underwear that is packaged (with a personal freshness wipe) in a little case that looks like a passport.

Their website lists a variety of uses for such pre-packaged panties, including a "hot date for cocktails after a hard day's work." I had no idea that women needed fresh underwear in order to drink a martini. But then again, I don't drink, so what do I know?

Seriously, I wish these ladies well and hope their business takes off. I guess I just don't get it.

5 Comments:

beth said...

Um...that's weird. I mean, I guess I get it. But man...that's weird. And so very unnecessary.

Anonymous said...

They have a very cute website.

If I am ever a contestant on "The Amazing Race" I will use Passport Panties. Until then, I'll just haul my underwear drawer around. Just kidding.

I am not in their target demographic.

Suzanne Temple said...

More like "Out of the Loopy." I'm with you on this one, girl.

Judy said...

I'm so far out of the loop, I could use them!

When I cough hard.

Anonymous said...

Their site cracked me up! "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Panties"?! What a riot! (Although that Flash intro is way too long, and there's no way to click through it).

It probably seems incomprehensible because it's a vanity product, like a specialized ringtone on your cell. Those kinds of things are all about marketing; they have no practical purpose.

Chris