Wednesday, May 09, 2007

39 Weeks and Sick as a Dog

The weather is absolutely glorious. Clear blue skies, trees in full leaf and bloom, birds chirping merrily.

Yet here I sit, swollen ankles and a box of tissues, wishing for all the world I could be the one taking my son to the playground today.

About a week ago, Tom and I both came down with ... something. It acts like an allergy gone wild - itchy eyes, runny nose, itchy ears, cough. Only now my cough has gotten into my chest and is all infected. Yuck.

Tom is fine as long as he's not around me. He plays with Pops and Gramma and has a fine time, but as soon as I enter a room he becomes a bawling ball of snot with a hacking cough. It's lovely.

I can't decide whether I just want the baby OUT, or if I want him to stay in until the pestilence is gone from my household. I am terrified of the baby getting a respiratory disease at such a young age.

I hope the rest of you are having a nicer spring.

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Goslyn. I am sorry you are so miserable. I understand your concerns about wanting to be healthy for your baby's birth.

I hope you recover soon. I'm glad to at least read an update because I've been wondering about you.

Take care.

Wall Appeals said...

I hope you and Tommy get better soon and everything will be great soon. Big, Huge, chocolate covered HUGS!

Carrie said...

That sounds dreadful, especially at 39 weeks pregnant. Hope you feel better soon!

Candace said...

You poor thing!! I hope you feel much better soon. I have missed chatting with you. I sent you a package I hope you get it soon and it puts a smile on your face!!!

Jessica Spotswood said...

Oh dear. I hope you feel better soon! We're thinking about you!

Heth said...

I've been thinking about you all week. I'm so sorry you are sick. It should be a rule, pregnant women should be immune from all illnesses, ESPECIALLY at the end. Get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey girle, I hate to hear you're so sick :-( I'm crossing my fingers that you will get better very very soon!!! I'm thinking about you!

Suzanne Temple said...

Wow. I don't have anything as great as chocolate covered hugs to offer, but I know you will feel like a whole new woman very soon. I pray you will be well by delivery time.

Heather said...

Oh bless you and good luck.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Hope you get better before the little one is born!

Kathryn Thompson said...

That is perfectly yuck-tastic. Being sick and extremely great with child and having a sick kid on the outside. Poor you. At least one of these illnesses will go away in a week or so...

Scribbit said...

It's funny to follow the pregnancies of blogging friends out there--their pregnancies seem to go by so much faster than my own ever did :)

At least it's faster watching from the outside than it is experiencing it for myself :)