Sunday, July 16, 2006

Technical Difficulties and a Hiatus

Remember me? Maybe not.

You may have noticed a certain lack of well, posting, as of late on this site.

Reason #1 is that we've been having some technical difficulties on our rapidly-aging computers. We have three computers in our household - and the newest one is more than six years old. It was a pretty good computer until its memory filled up. Now it is slower than molasses in January.

The laptop that has been designated "mine" (a 1998 Toshiba) was a very fine computer in 1998. Not so great in 2006. It is so old that I literally cannot connect my camera to download pictures. Thus, no pictures. And so much of what I have to say would be better with photo illustrations.

Anyhow, my blogging will be limited or maybe non-existent until we make a decision on a new laptop. We have been contemplating this maneuver for a while now, but very few things happen quickly in the SupperHubby universe. We are researchers. We are comparison shoppers. (Seriously. We have a paper and an online subscription to Consumer Report). We take a loooooonnnngggg time to do anything that involves spending reasonably good-sized chunks of money. So, it could be a while.

Reason #2 is that I find more and more that I have very little to say that doesn't involve my adorable offspring, and I am convinced that the Tominator cannot possibly be all that interesting to my 12 or so regular readers. So ... until I come up with something to say and a machine on which I can say it with reasonable speed ... I am going to take a break.

I do have access to a nice, new, speedy computer at work. If, by some miracle, I have a moment or two to post from work, I will. I hope you all will come back to see me when I return.

Until then, I will just have to read up on all your lives.

11 Comments:

Chilihead2 said...

Hey, just so you know...The Tominator is definitely worth reading about. So if you can stand the slooooowww computer, update us! And if not, I'm still keeping you in Bloglines so I'll know when you do decide to post!

sweet mama entropy said...

I feel for you about the slow computers. We still use dial-up too (gasp). I hope you're able to post at least some while you're making your laptop/to part with a chunk of $ decision. And your little one is definetly bloggable. My soon-to-be-overdue pregnancy on the otherhand... Not so much :)

Heth said...

I was so happy to see a post from Goslyn! Sorry about the computers. We'll still be here when you get back and like the others, I would LOVE to hear about the Tominator. He is so darn cute.

Lisa said...

I always enjoy reading here, even though I'm not always a very good commentor. Don't feel bad about writing about your kids! That's all I write about half the time, too. That's just where my life is at right now. Sounds like yours is too! :-)

Anonymous said...

Well since the Tominator and Carter are surely best online buds by now - I LOVE reading about him! Good luck on your search for that new computer!

Judy said...

Oh, I miss Tom!

My theory is, blog about kids now. Soon they will have their own blogs, and from experience I can tell you, that is scary!

We are looking to buy a laptop too. My old desk top computer is in the hottest room ever. It also has the sneezes, which can't be good.

I use my youngest son's college provided laptop. It will go to school with him in another month or so.

Jessica Spotswood said...

I love hearing about Tom! And I can't wait to see you guys! Good luck searching for a new computer. We usually use Steve's laptop, but I'm hoping that someone (the Geek Squad, perhaps?) can help me figure out how to hook up my desktop again someday.

Grammy said...

The Tominator is definitely worth reading about. I too, have trouble coming up with something good to say and the time to say it all at once. But I'll try harder, if you will. Good luck finding a good computer.

sweet mama entropy said...

Thaks for the sweet comment you left today. I so needed that :)

Anonymous said...

As one of your 12 faithful readers, I hope you don't slow down too much. I love reading all about your little guy!

Bobita said...

You will be missed...but your return and occasional appearances will be greatly anticipated!

I hear the Macs are great! But, as I am in the market for a laptop myself, I would be very excited to know what you end up buying!